Gingerbread House Contest Rules
2017 Contest Divisions
Adult Division: Individual adult, ages 17 years & up
Child Division: Individual child, ages 8-16 years
Family Division: Group of 3-7, 1 adult & 1 child minimum
Rules (applies to ALL divisions):
- Any structure - real or imaginary - is eligible for entry.
- Entry must be original - no gingerbread kits allowed.
- Entry must have all MAJOR components, such as walls and roofs, must be constructed of gingerbread (no graham crackers, cookies, etc.).
- All components must be edible. For example, all foil or plastic wrapped candies must be unwrapped; lollipops cannot have paper or plastic stems. NO perishable food items can be used in the making of an entry.
- You may add electric lighting to your entry.
- Entry must have been constructed in 2017.
- All entries will be judged on Originality, Overall Appearance, Choice and Use of Materials and Difficulty of Design.
- Entries must be freestanding and attached to a plywood base measuring no bigger than 24" L x 18" W. Entries cannot exceed 26" in height. The plywood base must be completely concealed with an edible product, however, the sides of the base do not have to be concealed.
- Structure must be the dominate feature of the entry. Structure must be no smaller than 7" in height by 8" wide.
- For prize money to be awarded in a division, that division must have a minimum of five entries.
- All entries must be delivered to the Museum in completed form on Sunday, November 19, 2016 between the hours of noon and 4 pm.
- The entries will be displayed from Friday, November 24 to Sunday, December 10, 2017.
- The Museum reserves the right not to display an entry, if the entry is not considered of show quality.
- In order to be eligible for ribbons and prize money, an entry may not be picked up before 5 pm on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
Participants must register for the competition by Friday, November 10, 2017.
Entry forms may be obtained by calling Darnall’s Chance House Museum 301-952-8010, by visiting the Museum, downloading an entry form, or emailing the museum at email@example.com.
A registration fee of $5 is due for each entry. Cash, credit cards, or checks are accepted. Checks must be made payable to M-NCPPC.