Prince George's County Department of Parks and Recreation
Northampton Slave Quarters and Archaeological Park
 > Home Page > Sites & Museums > Northampton Slave Quarters and Archaeological Park

Northampton Slave Quarters and Archaeological Park

Northhampton Slave Quarters10915 Water Port Court
Bowie, MD 20721
301-627-1286; TTY 301-699-2544

The Northampton Slave Quarters and Archaeological Park features the foundations of two former slave quarters of the Northampton Plantation, which was established by Thomas Sprigg in 1673.  The foundations have been reconstructed as permanent outdoor museum exhibits in a park setting. Four interpretive signs provide a self-guided tour and describe the archaeology of the many enslaved and free African Americans who lived in the quarters from the 1790s until the 1940s. A paved path leads to the two foundations and interpretive signs. Group tours and school programs can be arranged by appointment.